The Prolog Male Fertility formula is a nutritional supplement that may help enhance male fertility and sperm quality.
This product is designed for the male with impaired sperm quality or elevated DNA fragmentation or varicocele. It has been developed for the couple where at least one partner is greater than 35 years of age, as well as those having difficulty conceiving, undergoing fertility treatments by inseminations or IVF, with unexplained infertility, or recurrent pregnancy loss.
- Vitamin C: Helps protect sperm and other cells from reactive oxygen species that cause oxidative stress and cellular damage.
- Selenium: A component of enzymes involved in antioxidant protection and thyroid hormone metabolism. Selenium plays a role in preventing lipid peroxidation and membrane damage.
- CoQ10: acts as an antioxidant, preventing lipid peroxidation in sperm membranes. In sperm cells, the majority of CoQ10, an energy promoting agent and antioxidant, is concentrated in the mitochondria of the midpiece, so that the energy for movement and all other energy-dependent processes in the sperm cell also depend on the availability of CoQ10.
- Lycopene: Lycopene, the most potent singlet oxygen quencher of all carotenoids, is a possible treatment option for male infertility because of its antioxidant properties.
- Grape Seed Extract: Potent antioxidant that promote normal cell development and guard against oxygen radicals.
- Vitamin D3: Positively influences hormone production and improves semen quality. Vitamin D modulates the levels of free (biologically active) testosterone rather than total testosterone and has been shown to improve sperm motility, and to exert direct actions on sperm cells, including modulation of intracellular calcium levels and activation of pathways involved in sperm motility, capacitation and acrosome reaction.
- L-Carnitine: Important for brain and heart health, as well as muscle movement, this amino acid-like compound that helps the body to produce energy. L-Citrulline is effective in increasing sperm motility and improves the total oxygen radical scavenging capacity of the seminal fluid.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: Taken in combination, L-carnitine and Acetyl L-carnitine have been shown to increase sperm concentration and movement.
- L-Citrulline: A source of L-arginine, L-citrulline promotes nitric oxide production. Combined with French maritime pine bark extract, L-citrulline demonstrates an increase of all semen parameters.
- French Maritime Pine Bark Extract: Clinical studies have shown improved ejaculate volume, sperm concentration, motility, and capacitated sperm morphology.