Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat that play a number of important roles in the body, including brain and heart health, and modulation of inflammation and immunity. Omega-3s (and Omega-6s) are termed “essential” fatty acids because the body cannot make them and they must be obtained from the diet. A diet rich in saturated fats has been associated with the development of degenerative diseases, including cardiovascular disease; polyunsaturated fatty acids, however, are actually healthy fats. These fatty acids are found in deep, cold-water fish and other marine life, but they’re also found in certain vegetables and oils. Due to the fact that not everyone eats fish, many people get their Omega-3s via supplements.
There are three types of Omega-3 fatty acids:
- eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- alpha-linoleic acid (ALA)
EPA and DHA, which are primarily found in fish, are the biologically active forms of Omega-3 fatty acids; however, ALA is found in plant foods and must be converted into EPA and DHA within the body.
Omega-3s Nutritional Information:
- Lower LDL cholesterol
- Contribute to functions that help thin blood and decrease atherosclerotic plaque along the arterial walls
- May reduce blood pressure
- May increase insulin sensitivity in type II diabetes mellitus
- May have beneficial effect on depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Possible benefits in rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, ulcerative colitis, and Raynaud’s.
- May have some protective effects against breast and colon cancers
- Support development of fetal brain, eyes and nervous system
- Decrease preterm labor
- Increase newborn birth weight
- Support postpartum mood in new mothers
Highest Possible Quality:
For this product, distilled fish oil is used. It is analyzed and controlled for environmental toxicants prior to encapsulation. During the process, any content of polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs), pesticides, and heavy metals are reduced to levels below the detection limits of modern laboratory analysis methods. With processing isolation, careful air handling, and quality assurance/control, our manufacturing plant achieves pharmaceutical level Omega-3s.
- Ultra-refined fish oil concentrates (up to 1,000 times purer than health-food grade fish oils)
- EPA and DHA concentration greater than 60%
- Dioxin concentration <1 ppt
- Mercury concentration <10 ppb
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs) concentration <30 ppb