Prolog Preconception Formula is a nutritional supplement that may enhance female fertility. This product has been developed to meet the nutritional requirements associated with successful conception and reproductive health and these levels of specific, fertility-promoting supplements would be difficult to achieve through diet alone.
This product is designed for the female who may have impaired egg quality. It is also for the couple where at least one partner is greater than 35 years of age, as well as those having difficulty conceiving, undergoing fertility treatments by inseminations or IVF, or with unexplained infertility.
Partial Ingredient List:
- Vitamins C: Help protect oocytes and other cells from oxidative stress and cellular damage.
- Vitamin D3: Studies suggest roles for Vitamin D in bone and joint and cardiovascular health. It may also help guard against certain cancers. In reproductive medicine, observational studies have suggested that Vitamin D is involved in successful implantation of the embryo and early pregnancy maintenance.
- L-Methyl Folate: As a coenzyme, folate is essential for DNA synthesis and cell division as well as amino acid metabolism and cell maturation. Folate is crucial for normal embryonic development. When taken prior to and during the first thirty days of pregnancy, adequate amounts of folic acid may reduce the incidence of neural tube defects such as spina bifida, myelomeningocele and anencephaly. Folate may also help prevent premature deliveries, low birth weight babies, and congenital defects cleft lip and palate.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ 10): Ubiquinone, is mainly known for its role as a proton and electron carrier in mitochondria (the cell’s “power plant”) and is also an antioxidant, ubiquitous in cell membranes.
- French Maritime Pine Bark Extract: A source of several potent antioxidants including proanthocyanidins, Pine Bark Extract protects the egg cells from oxidative damage. It is also thought to improve circulation and combat the inflammation associated with endometriosis.
- Grape seed extract and Lycopene: Potent antioxidants that promote normal cell development and guard against oxygen radicals.